Ventura, California) Community Memorial Health System is grateful to everyone in the community for doing their part to stop the spread of the Coronavirus by staying home during this time, but now more than ever, CMHS wants people to know that it’s SAFE to seek care at Community Memorial Hospital and Ojai Valley Community Hospital. If you need care, DON’T WAIT until your condition worsens.
“It’s important that patients not put off coming in to see us when they need care,” said Dr. Neil Canby, Emergency Department physician at Community Memorial Hospital. “We understand that people may be apprehensive to seek care during this time, but we have put a number of policies and procedures in place to protect the health and safety of everyone who enters our hospitals and emergency departments.”
Some of the enhanced policies CMHS has introduced to keep all patients safe, including non-COVID-19 patients, include:
- Mandatory Coronavirus (COVID-19) screening for everyone who enters the Emergency Departments and hospital facilities, including patients, essential companions, physicians and staff.
- Mandatory use of surgical masks for everyone in the Emergency Departments, regardless of their COVID-19 status.
- Continued use of separate treatment areas for patients who present with COVID-19 symptoms and those who do not.
- Continued use of separate waiting areas (including waiting in vehicles) and phone registration following appropriate screening, in order to minimize contact and maintain social distancing standards.
- Continued use of enhanced sterilization and cleaning protocols of individual patient treatment rooms and entire Emergency Departments to ensure optimal cleanliness and minimize potential spread.
- Continued restriction of visitors (one essential companion only) in the Emergency Departments and hospital facilities to limit potential exposures.
CMHS understands that people may be apprehensive to seek treatment during this uncertain time, but encourages people to rely on CMHS for the care the community has come to know and trust.
Community Memorial Hospital’s Emergency Room is located at 147 N. Brent St. in Ventura (805-652-5011) and the Ojai Valley Community Hospital ER is located at 1306 Maricopa Highway in Ojai (805) 646-1401.
Community Memorial Health System is a not-for-profit health system, which is comprised of Community Memorial Hospital, Ojai Valley Community Hospital, the Centers for Family Health, and various outpatient centers serving communities located within Ventura County, California.